Interviewing Techniques - Mastering the Essentials
9:30am to 4:30pm
Elected Members, senior and Line Managers, Human Resources Staff, all staff responsible for interviewing and hiring.
Be more confident with hiring decisions, learn how to prepare for interviews, apply merit based selection processes, and understand how to develop probing questions to uncover more about your applicants.
Suitable both as a refresher for the experienced interviewer, or for the novice with minimal experience, this course covers the entire interview process and incorporates facilitator led sessions, group & individual activities and skills practice sessions to help participants embed and apply learning in the workplace.
Developed and delivered by qualified trainers who have the practical experience to add real value to the course, topics include;
- An overview of Interview techniques
- What you should do before the interview
- Building rapport & effective communication
- Merit based selection processes
- Developing and asking behavioural based interviewing questions
- Probing and questioning to uncover hidden information, attitudes and behaviours and understanding body language
- Using appropriate assessment tools
- Looking for future potential
- Interviewing for diversity and equity and being aware of any unconscious bias
- Meeting equal opportunity obligations and internal guidelines and processes
- Closing the interview
- Validating interview outcomes and Evaluation and selection
- How to provide feedback to unsuccessful applicants
Trudy Dickson, Managing Director of Davies Stewart Recruitment and HR has been presenting and delivering training for over 20 years, and is a staffing specialist focussed on driving business performance, operational excellence and service delivery. She has held executive management positions within large international firms and currently runs a successful consultancy business based in Adelaide. Trudy has qualifications in Education & Training, Workplace Assessments, Internal Auditing and holds professional memberships with the Australian Human Resources Institute and the Recruiting and Consulting Services Association.
She not only brings her previous training and HR experience to the course, but can talk from personal experience having hired hundreds of her own staff and interviewed over 5,000 potential candidates for her clients. The interactive training will focus on developing interview techniques that will identify the best applicants, uncover any hidden red flags and learn about an applicant’s attitude and behaviours.
|Name||Date||Time||Location||Cost (inc GST)||Self Enrol||Enrol on Behalf of Others|