Council Meetings and Chamber Etiquette
Duration: Half Day
Investment: $385 incl GST
Delivery: Face 2 Face & Webinar
Target AudienceNew Council Members keen to understand Council and Committee Meeting Procedures and Chairing Skills. Returned Members who would like to update their strategies and knowledge.
- Chamber etiquette 101
- Strategies to chair Local Government meetings more effectively and productively in accordance with the appropriate Acts
- The application of the provisions of the Act and the Regulations in relation to procedures at Council and Council Committee meetings
- Meeting processes and chairing skills in Local Government meetings
- Roles and responsibilities of those attending Local Government meetings
- Knowledge and skills required to contribute effectively to the decision making processes
- Strategies to undertake the role of presiding member more effectively and productively
- The legislative requirements in relation to the process and procedures involved in Local Government meetings and participation in meetings.
FacilitatorNorman Waterhouse Lawyers
The Norman Waterhouse Local Government Team is the largest of its kind in the State and is widely recognised as the leader in the provision of administrative and regulatory advice to the local government sector in South Australia. Our practitioners regularly represent public authorities before a wide range of Courts and Tribunals.
Additional InformationFor further information about the content of this program or to enquire about having this program brought ‘In-House’ to your council or to a ‘Council Hub’ near you please contact LGA Training on 8224 2000 or at email@example.com.
Please understand that by registering you are accepting our policy conditions. For a copy of our policies, please click here.
|Name||Date||Time||Location||Cost (inc GST)||Self Enrol||Enrol on Behalf of Others|