9:30am to 12:30pm
Planning Officers, Compliance Officers.
This course will provide an overview of the Liquor Licensing Act 1997 procedures for dealing with applications for liquor licenses.
The course will provide participants with an understanding of:
- the statutory provisions in the Liquor Licensing Act
- the procedures relating to applications
- breaches of the Liquor Licensing Act
- conditions of a licence and what can be done
- gathering evidence regarding non compliance
- the role of the Council
- the relationship between planning controls and liquor licensing
- tips to follow and traps to avoid
Tim Mellor and Anthony Kelly, Mellor Olsson Lawyers and Warren Lewis, Consultant. Tim has acted for Local Government and developers in relation to Local Government, planning and liquor licensing for over 25 years, and has a wealth of expertise in these areas. Anthony acts for numerous Councils in all aspects of planning and liquor licensing, regularly providing advice and appearing in Court. Anthony also advises the LGA and numerous developers within the State. Warren was formerly Deputy Liquor and Gambling Commissioner and was involved in the production of guidelines for Local Government