9.00 am to 4:30 pm
All Council Officers required to prepare reports.
This workshop will help Local Government officers develop the strategies to write successful and effective reader oriented reports. Participants will learn to plan, structure and edit, well organised precise and clear reports. Emphasis will be on the creation of reports that others will want to read and grant approval. With a practical approach, this course will increase confidence and enable participants to write quickly and competently when they return to the workplace.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- identify the purpose and reader(s) of their report documents
- plan and structure their reports to ensure correct and logical information flow
- write to suit their reader(s) and key stakeholders
- determine a variety of methods for collecting and evaluating information
- write using plain English words, sentences and paragraphs
- use the stages of the report writing process to write, edit and present reports
- develop and present the facts and arguments to support their findings
- present clear conclusions and persuasive recommendations
- structure and format reports for local government reader(s) and standards
- proofread, edit and revise their written documents to ensure effective outcomes.
Anne Haberman of Anne Haberman Training and Consulting Services. Anne is passionate about helping people communicate effectively through business documents. With over 30 years training experience, she is a highly skilled facilitator who works with her participant’s to achieve their writing and editing goals whilst ensuring their learning experience is enjoyable and practical.
|Report Writing||LG House, 148 Frome St Adelaide 5000||7 May 2018|