Duration: Half day (9:30am-12:30pm)
Investment: $385 incl GST
Delivery: Face 2 Face & Webinar
CEOs, Asset Managers and Senior Finance Officers
The focus of this session is to enhance the skills of participants to develop practical, easy to prepare and follow, long-term financial plans. It includes tips and traps based on council’s experience to date. Material presented and discussed will cover legislative requirements, structural suggestions, how to identify and determine key information and assumptions for input and how to develop an appropriate financial strategy considering relevant local factors.
- Suggested structure and content and the appropriate level of detail to include
- What key assumptions should be specified and the basis of their estimates
- The need to recognise, and options to accommodate, future expected price movements
- The need to vary some indicator target ranges over time
- What types of sensitivity analysis should be undertaken and how to present results
- What level of functional and activity level financial information should be provided
- What written explanatory content should be included
- How to make trade-offs to achieve financial targets
David Powell has over 35 years’ experience as a Chartered Accountant including 25 years in Big 4 accounting firms with 10 years as a partner. He consults to clients in a range of industries on IT audit, risk management, internal audit, probity and corporate governance.
Please select your preferred delivery method below.
To complement this training you may be interested in attending: Preparing and Updating Asset Management Plans
If you would like to attend both of the above full day sessions at a reduced rate
(Preparing and Updating Long-Term Financial Plans & Preparing and Updating Asset Management Plans) please select: Preparing and Updating Long-Term Financial Plans & Preparing and Updating Asset Management Plans
If you are enrolling on someone's behalf, please ensure after selecting 'Book Now' below, you use the first page to enter your details and the second page to enter the attendee's details.
For further information about the content of this program or to enquire about having this program brought ‘In-House’ to your council or to a ‘Council Hub’ near you please contact LGA Training on 8224 2000 or at email@example.com