Time: 9:30am to 12:30pm
Delivery Options: face to face and webinar
For CEOs, Asset Managers and Senior Finance Officers responsible for suggesting proposed framework, structure and constraints for, and content of, their Council's Infrastructure and Asset Management Plans.
This course has been developed to assist participants to reflect on experiences in preparing initial Infrastructure and Asset Management Plans and undertake future updates. It focuses on practical tips and traps based on Councils experiences in preparing useful and legislatively compliant plans. Its aim is to provide guidance on the development of practical framework strategies that have regard to source and data constraints to assist with asset management planning decisions.
The course will provide participants with an understanding of:
- How to determine affordable service standards relevant to particular local circumstances
- The need to base asset maintenance and renewal intervention points on minimising whole of life net economic costs and affordable service levels
- How to manage mismatches between cash flow availability and cash flow need
- The relevance or not of recorded depreciation for asset management planning
- How to resolve conflicts between asset management planning projected needs and long-term financial planning constraints.
if you attend the afternoon session Preparing and Updating Long-Term Financial
Plans you will receive the training at a full day rate of $430 + GST for both courses.