Duration: 1 day
Investment: $605 incl GST
Delivery: Face 2 Face
Community Members involved in Council Section 41 Committees. Council Officers involved in such Committees are also
welcome to attend.
This course will highlight the legislative responsibilities of Section 41 Committees.
- Functions and duties of the Committee and general duties of Committee members under Section 41 of the Local Government Act 1999, including misuse of information under Section 62 of the Local Government Act 1999 and consideration of the offence provisions that apply to Committee members
- Meeting procedures and the application of the Local Government (Procedures at Meetings) Regulations 2000 on meetings of Committees performing regulatory activities and the availability of Sections 90 and 91
- Reporting to Council and the formation of recommendations including the reporting and accountability obligations of Committees to the Council, particularly the delivery of recommendations that have been formed by a Committee
- Conflict of interest including a laypersons overview of the conflict of interest provisions in the Local Government Act 1999 and the application of those provisions to members of Council Committees.
- This will include consideration of what a prescribed interest is, when a prescribed interest will arise, and what the individual committee member must do in that event.
For further information about the content of this program or to enquire about having this program brought ‘In-House’ to your council or to a ‘Council Hub’ near you please contact LGA Training on 8224 2000 or at email@example.com