9:30am to 4:30pm
All Council Officers (including CEOs and Managers).
Are you writing more than ever before? Do you take hours to write a simple letter or email? Is your writing so wordy and unclear that it is unreadable? Alternatively, is it too brief, confusing and misinterpreted as abrupt? Do you consider your reader when you are writing?
This course will help you to write precise, clear and organised business correspondence. Emphasis will be on the creation of documents that others will want to read. Through a practical approach, your confidence will increase and enable you to write quickly and competently when you return to the workplace.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- plan, organise, structure, draft and edit concise letters, emails and memos
- use plain English writing techniques to clearly communicate with a variety of Local Government audiences
- use correct and contemporary grammar, punctuation and spelling including best practice for business
- adjust your writing tone and style to suit both your purpose and your reader
- increase the readability of your documents.
Anne Haberman of Anne Haberman Training & Consulting Services. Anne is passionate about helping people communicate effectively through business documents. With over 28 years training experience, she is a highly skilled facilitator who will work with you to achieve your writing and editing goals whilst ensuring your learning experience is an enjoyable and practical one.