Duration: 9:30am to 12:30pm
Delivery Options: LGA, Webinar and Regional – please email Emma Urvan to discuss details
Senior Managers, Planning Officers, Engineers, Community Development Officers, Economic Development Officers and Administration Officers/Executive Assistants - all Council Officers responsible for the preparation of Strategic Planning and Development Policy Committee meeting agendas and minutes.
The Development Act 1993 (Section 101A) requires Councils to establish Strategic Planning and Development Policy Committees.
Such a Committee provides advice to Council on the extent to which the Council's strategic planning and development policies accord with the State Planning Strategy:
-To assist Council in undertaking its strategic planning and monitoring function (relating to achieving orderly and efficient development, transport and land use planning, affordable housing); and
- Providing advice to Council on Strategic Directions Reports and Development Plan Amendments.
This course will provide participants with an understanding of:
- Governance requirements of Section 101A of the Development Act
- functions of the Committee
- Relationship to the Local Government Act
- Terms of Reference, membership, reporting requirements and delegations
- Interrelationship to Council's Development Assessment function and role of the CDAP/RDAP
- What exemptions might apply.
|Section 101A Development Act Strategic Planning and Development Policy Committee||LG House, 148 Frome St Adelaide 5000||6 May 2019|