9:30am to 4:30pm
Public speaking can be a powerful communication strategy. This workshop will assist participants to develop the ability to present clearly and confidently at meetings, seminars and public meetings or community events.
Participants will gain an understanding of how to:
- use public speaking skills to present ideas and proposals
- improve the preparation and delivery of speeches and presentations
- capture and hold the attention of the audience
- plan and prepare powerful presentations to match the needs of the audience
- overcome nerves on the day to present with confidence and impact
- how to handle question time.
Kate Reynolds, Consultant. Kate has led more than 1200 workshops in the last 20 years as a facilitator or trainer (yes - they're different roles!) and has presented at, participated in or chaired hundreds of different types of meetings. Kate was a Member of the Legislative Council of the SA Parliament and Council Member at the former District Council of Mount Pleasant so she knows her way around a speaking space . She'll share her experiences (the good, the bad and downright ugly) of many different public speaking situations to help you increase your understanding, skills and confidence.