Duration: 9:30am - 4:30pm
Delivery Options: LGA and Regional – please email Emma Urvan to discuss details
For: Council Members and Governance Officers
Having a suite of robust and up-to-date policies is the cornerstone of good governance for Councils.
This course will provide an overview of the LGA Good Governance Framework and will explore the relationship between good governance and good policies. A Council case study will also be used to provide examples.
Participants attending this course will gain an understanding of:
- The difference between strategic policy, operational policy and public policy
- Good Governance Framework for Local Government
- Public policy and Local Government
- Policy development and review processes
- Role of Council officers, Council Members and communities in policy development and review
- Practical and challenging examples of policy development and review.
|Policy Development for Council Members||LG House, 148 Frome St Adelaide 5000||5 Aug 2019|