Duration: 2 days
Delivery: Face 2 Face
Information and Records Management Officers and other Council Officers responsible for information and records management practices within Councils.
This 2-day course will provide participants with an awareness and understanding of records management concepts, practices and issues relating to Local Government.
Records Management Concepts and Framework
Classification and Disposal of Records (GDS 40)
- Standards and legislation relating to the management of records
- Records Management Framework required for compliance and best practice
- Practices required to manage and maintain Council records, including:
- Digital and Physical Records Management
- Record Creation, Capture and Control
- Classification and File Creation
- Disposal GDS40), GDS21, GDS32, GDS 36
- Destruction of Temporary Records – self authorisation
- Management of Permanent Retention Records
- Privacy and Access
The course will provide hands-on, informative, practical training and will enable participants to engage with officers from other Councils who are facing similar issues.
For further information about the content of this program or to enquire about having this program brought ‘In-House’ to your council or to a ‘Council Hub’ near you please contact LGA Training on 8224 2000 or at email@example.com