9:30am to 4:30pm (both days)
Leading hands, Co-ordinators, Supervisors and Team Leaders.
This course provides the underpinning knowledge required to successfully monitor staff and coach them for high level performance.
This course will provide participants with an understanding of:
- communicating with team members and management to ensure open communication channels and to clarify issues
- resolving conflict and disputes in the work team
- being a role model for other team members
- consulting and developing objectives with the work team
- developing risk management approaches
- developing techniques to address faults and inefficiencies
- identifying and developing opportunities for improved work practices
- monitoring and adjusting operational performance by producing short-term plans, planning and acquiring resources and reporting on performance
- preparing work plans and budgets
- actively seeking feedback on own performance from clients and colleagues
- prioritising tasks
- coaching and mentoring colleagues and team members to support the introduction of change
- using business technology such as computer programs and telecommunications to collect and manage information.
Participants may choose to complete an assessment and undertake recognition of current competencies (RCC) to achieve a Certificate IV in Frontline Management. The RCC process will occur over a six month period.