Duration: 9:30am to 4:30pm
Delivery Options: LGA and Regional – please email Emma Urvan to discuss details
For: Council Members, CEO’s and Human Resource Managers
The role of a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in local government is one of the most challenging senior positions within the general business community. Finding and supporting talented people in this role is critical to ensuring the sound and sustainable functioning of the corporation as well the delivery of services to the community.
This workshop explores the elements involved in the ‘performance management’ of the CEO, beginning with the establishment of clear performance parameters and expectations through to dealing with those, who despite their best efforts, are struggling in the role.
Including the general principles of performance management, this workshop will specifically focus on the LGA’s Code of Practice for the Review of a CEO’s Performance covering the following key areas;
- Clarifying and agreeing the performance parameters and measures
- The importance of ongoing feedback and dialogue
- Tools and Methods for conducting a performance review
- The importance of valid and reliable assessments
- Supporting the CEO to perform at their best
- Dealing with sub-par performance
- Managing the legal and contractual issues.
|CEO Performance Management||LG House, 148 Frome St Adelaide 5000||5 Apr 2019|