Duration: Half day (9:30am - 12:30pm)
Investment: $385 incl GST
Delivery: Face 2 Face & Webinar
All Council Staff
Previously called ‘Local Government – An Introduction’, this updated program includes new information about being a Public Officer under the Local Government Act 1999.
Working in the local government sector is a meaningful and a rewarding experience and an opportunity to build and grow local communities. Being part of the public service at the local level presents exciting opportunities and challenges to truly – make a difference!
‘Local Government and You’ provides an overview of the Local Government sector and the important role it plays.
With the use of relevant local government case studies this program provides robust underpinning knowledge about the way Local Governments are constituted, the separation of roles between the Council and the Administration and the responsibilities of working in a compliance environment.
- The different levels of government and why they exist;
- The separation of powers and duties;
- The role of Mayors, Councillors, the CEO and council employees (what it means to be a Public Officer);
- The impact Local Governments have on communities;
- How decisions are made about the services councils provide;
- The importance of protecting privacy and confidentiality and
- How you can contribute to a positive work culture while strengthening council and sector reputation within the community.
For further information about the content of this program or to enquire about having this program brought ‘In-House’ to your council or to a ‘Council Hub’ near you please contact LGA Training on 8224 2000 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please understand that by registering you are accepting our policy conditions. For a copy of our policies, please click here