Duration: 2 days
Investment: $970 incl GST
Delivery: Face 2 Face
New Project Managers, Project Team members, Project Sponsors & Governance staff
This 2-day program is designed to give project managers working in councils a basic overview of project management.
- A basic overview of the art of project management including use of basic tools and techniques
- An introduction to commonly used best practice methodologies and frameworks including PMBOK®, PRINCE2® and AgilePM®.
- Enough of the basics to run your first small project.
- High level structures – Portfolios, Programmes and Projects
- Frameworks and methodologies – PMBOK, PRINCE2, AgilePM, Hybrids (their structures and similarities)
- PM Constraints – Scope, Time, Costs, Benefits, Risks and Quality (STCBRQ)
- Successful projects – what constitutes a successful outcome?
- The project managers role
- Hard/technical skills
- Soft Skills – Servant leadership
- Stakeholders and communications
- Front end loading - setting up for success
- Project mandate
- The business case - elements of successful business cases
- Estimation/budgeting – Waterfall vs Agile, Work Breakdown Structures
- Scheduling & resourcing
- Execution & delivery
- Day to day management activities
- Reporting – what to report, Waterfall vs Agile reporting, “RAG” Status reporting – STCBRQ, Costs vs Actuals vs Forecast, Earned Value
- Close out
- Project review – use of lessons learnt and continual improvement
- Post project
- Ongoing measurement of benefits and reporting
Tom Sulda - Director, Lead Trainer LATSA Learning Services
Tom is a business strategy and process consultant as well as a process trainer in Business Analysis, Project Management (Prince2, Agile, PMBOK, Prince2 Agile, and MSP) including Information Security. Tom is a highly experienced business executive having worked across all business functions from the front to back end including corporate services for NFPs, Government and Commercial businesses.
- Bachelor of Electrical and Electronic Engineering Degree (1st Class Honours)
- Graduate Certificate in Management
- Diploma of Project Management
- Fellow – The Institution of Engineers Australia
- Qualified ISO IMS (HSEQ) lead auditor (RABQSA)
- Agile PM & BA Practitioner 2014, Prince2 Practitioner 2014, Managing Successful Programs Practitioner 2015, ISO 27001 Certified Information Security Officer 2018
To compliment this training, we recommend you consider attending the Business Case Writing session. For more information and to enrol, please click below:
Business Case Writing
All content is underpinned by participants carrying out group activities, including the use of basic tools and techniques to reinforce learning outcomes. Take away learning materials are provided to all participants.
For further information about the content of this program or to enquire about having this program brought In-House to your council or to a Council Hub near you please contact LGA Training on 8224 2000 or at email@example.com
Please understand that by registering you are accepting our policy conditions. For a copy of our policies, please click here