Duration: 1 day
Investment: $605 incl GST
Delivery: Face 2 Face & Webinar
Aspiring and Practising Council Project Managers, PMO Support Team staff, Project Sponsors, Business Analysts, Quality Assurance Personnel
The business case is a critical component in any project management framework. It sets out clear reasons for the proposed investment and tracks the intended benefits throughout the life of the project and ultimately the return on investment.
The conceptualisation, generation and presentation of a business case is a key skill for project personnel.
Whilst an analytically oriented team is generally needed to pull together the components of the business case, a highly valued skill is being able to present the business case succinctly and coherently to those ultimately charged with its approval.
This one-day interactive workshop guides participants through the importance of a sound business case and its alignment to strategy. Participants will develop a business case and present it for approval at the end of the day. Whilst a fictional local government contextualised case study will be available for participants to develop a business case on the day, participants are encouraged to bring their own business case for development by themselves or as part of a group.
- Learn and understand the fundamentals and importance of a sound, well-crafted and considered business case
- Learn to work as a team to develop a business case based on a case study or your real-life example
- Develop confidence to present a business case to an executive for approval
- Upon completion of this session participants will have the opportunity to:
- Embed business case writing and presentation skills into their team via hands on experiential learning
- If not yet present, use the business case format used in this program in their project management methodology
- Take the opportunity to promulgate a consistently used and understood business case writing methodology
Tom Sulda - Director, Lead Trainer LATSA Learning Services
Tom is a business strategy and process consultant as well as a process trainer in Business Analysis, Project Management (Prince2, Agile, PMBOK, Prince2 Agile, and MSP) including Information Security. Tom is a highly experienced business executive having worked across all business functions from the front to back end including corporate services for NFPs, Government and Commercial businesses.
- Bachelor of Electrical and Electronic Engineering Degree (1st Class Honours)
- Graduate Certificate in Management
- Diploma of Project Management
- Fellow – The Institution of Engineers Australia
- Qualified ISO IMS (HSEQ) lead auditor (RABQSA)
- Agile PM & BA Practitioner 2014, Prince2 Practitioner 2014, Managing Successful Programs Practitioner 2015, ISO 27001 Certified Information Security Officer 2018
To compliment this training, we recommend you consider attending the Project Management Basics session. For more information and to enrol, please click below:
Project Management Basics
For further information about the content of this program or to enquire about having this program brought ‘In-House’ to your council or to a ‘Council Hub’ near you please contact LGA Training on 8224 2035 or at email@example.com
Please understand that by registering you are accepting our policy conditions. For a copy of our policies, please click here