Duration: 1 day (9.30am - 4:00pm)
Investment: $605 incl GST
Delivery: Face 2 Face & Webinar
CEOs‚ Asset Managers and Senior Finance Officers
This full day program offers participants the opportunity to attend both ‘Preparing and Updating Long-Term Financial Plans’ & ‘Preparing and Updating Asset Management Plans’ at a reduced rate.
The focus of ‘Preparing and Updating Long-Term Financial Plans’ is to enhance the skills of participants to develop practical, easy to prepare and follow, long-term financial plans. It includes tips and traps based on council’s experience to date. Material presented and discussed will cover legislative requirements, structural suggestions, how to identify and determine key information and assumptions for input and how to develop an appropriate financial strategy considering relevant local factors.
‘Preparing and Updating Asset Management Plans’ has been developed to assist participants to reflect on experiences in preparing initial Infrastructure and Asset Management Plans and undertake future updates. It focuses on practical tips and traps based on Councils experiences in preparing useful and legislatively compliant plans. Its aim is to provide guidance on the development of practical framework strategies that have regard to source and data constraints to assist with asset management planning decisions.
Preparing and Updating Long-Term Financial Plans:
- Suggested structure and content and the appropriate level of detail to include
- What key assumptions should be specified and the basis of their estimates
- The need to recognise, and options to accommodate, future expected price movements
- The need to vary some indicator target ranges over time
- What types of sensitivity analysis should be undertaken and how to present results
- What level of functional and activity level financial information should be provided
- What written explanatory content should be included
- How to make trade-offs to achieve financial targets
Preparing and Updating Asset Management Plans:
- How to determine affordable service standards relevant to particular local circumstances
- The need to base asset maintenance and renewal intervention points on minimising whole of life net economic costs and affordable service levels
- How to manage mismatches between cash flow availability and cash flow need
- The relevance or not of recorded depreciation for asset management planning
- How to resolve conflicts between asset management planning projected needs and long-term financial planning constraints.
David Powell has over 35 years’ experience as a Chartered Accountant including 25 years in Big 4 accounting firms with 10 years as a partner. He consults to clients in a range of industries on IT audit, risk management, internal audit, probity and corporate governance.
Please select your preferred delivery method below.
If you would prefer to attend ‘Preparing and Updating Long-Term Financial Plans’ only
please select: Preparing and Updating Long-Term Financial Plans
If you would prefer to attend ‘Preparing and Updating Asset Management Plans’ only
please select: Preparing and Updating Asset Management Plans
If you are enrolling on someone's behalf, please ensure after selecting 'Book Now' below, you use the first page to enter your details and the second page to enter the attendee's details.
For further information about the content of this program or to enquire about having this program brought ‘In-House’ to your council or to a ‘Council Hub’ near you please contact LGA Training on 8224 2000 or at firstname.lastname@example.org