Duration: Half day (9:30am - 12:30pm)
Delivery options: Face 2 Face
Information and Records Management Officers and other Council Officers responsible for information and records management practices within councils.
- Why GDS 40 is different
- How GDS 40 was developed
- What is now permanent
- How GDS 40 is structured
- Understanding retention periods
- Undertaking risk assessments for records
- Obtaining management sign off to disposal
- Interpretation of GDS 40 (sentencing)
- Mapping of GDS 20 to GDS 40
- Implementation in systems
- Examples of applying GDS 40
- Providing feedback and updates
Tony Leviston, Principal Archivist at State Records of South Australia
If you would like to attend this training live via webinar please click here.
For further information about the content of this program or to enquire about having this program brought ‘In-House’ to your council or to a ‘Council Hub’ near you please contact LGA Training on 8224 2000 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.