Duration: 10:00am to 2:15pm (Registrations open at 9:30am)
Delivery Options: Face to face
Investment: $150 pp flat rate
For: Elected Members, CEO's, council staff working in the fields of Economic Development, Tourism, Strategic Planning and Planning.
Tourism is a major economic driver for regional South Australia and metropolitan Adelaide. In this forum hear from and interact with key players in the tourist economy including:
- Rodney Harrex, CEO, SATC;
- Jacqueline Brinkman, CEO, Economic Development Australia;
- Helen Edwards, Chair, South Australian Regional Strategy;
- David West, MainStreet SA, the 'main street' expert and
- Senior representatives from four peer councils including Ian Hill of the City of Adelaide.
You will walk away with a clear understanding of why councils invest in tourism.
This informative, interactive forum will address the following questions:
What is tourism, why are councils involved in tourism and what is the 'Tourist Economy'?
Why is tourism important to a national, state and local economy?
The forum will also include presentations on the BIG issues:
- Mainstreets and retail;
- Transforming Visitor Information Services and
- Tourism Infrastructure - who pays?
For further information about the content of this program or to enquire about having the delivery tailored to your specific council or regional needs please contact email@example.com