Duration: 9:00am to 5:00pm (over two days)
Delivery options: Face-to-face
For: Anyone who needs to use In-Design to create documents such as advertisements, flyers, brochures or newsletters, but has little to no experience doing so, would be an ideal participant in this course.
This program introduces users to the page layout and design application features of the software. Students will gain a basic understanding of the InDesign Creative Cloud page layout software package and gain knowledge in pre-press print requirements, correct file size and formats, as well as good graphic design elements and principles.
This course starts students at the beginning which will give you a sound understanding of the software used within the graphic design/advertising industry and then moves on to more intermediate functions.
This trainings content includes (but is not limited to) the following:
- The InDesign interface - now where do I find that!
- The setting of InDesign application preferences - specify how you want InDesign documents and objects to behave
- The creation of documents - page size and number, and the saving of files in the correct format
- Adding text and graphics - styling and importing, preparing images in Photoshop to correct colour modes and file formats
- Drawing paths, lines and shapes - using the pen tool and shape tool
- Creating pages - adding pages, master pages and page numbering
- Using layers - the layers panel, creating layers, hiding, showing and locking
- Working with text - creating text frames, threading frames and special characters
- Formatting text - changing characters, choosing fonts and styles, leading, text wrapping, kerning, paragraph and character styles, drop
- caps and nested styles
- Colours and gradients - the swatches panel, spot colours and gradients
- Using graphics - importing, linking and image formats
- Preflighting, packaging - preparing files for printing, preflighting a document, resolving errors, packaging files
- Learn the world of InDesign!
Local Government Association of SA in collaboration with TAFESA
For further information about holding tailored in-house training sessions at your council or at a hub in your region, or for queries about program content please contact Liz O'Flynn at email@example.com or on 8224 2044.