9, 10 & 11 and 4 & 5 Sept 2017
9:00am to 4:00pm (all days)
(24 months from commencement date to complete assessments)
Council Staff who work in Governance, Risk and Compliance and Safety Professionals
All organisations are required to have sound governance, but what does it look like and how is it achieved? There are many definitions of governance and equally as many models, however, organisations still find it difficult to fully comprehend the entirety of their responsibilities.
The LGA's Education and Training Service in conjunction with the Paladin Risk Management Training Academy is offering the Advanced Diploma of Governance, Risk and Compliance, which provides a straight forward and practical approach that addresses Governance as a system of systems where the linkage between organisational programs holds the key.
The Advanced Diploma of Governance, Risk and Compliance is fully accredited by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) and is the only Advanced Diploma course endorsed by the Risk Management Institution of Australasia.
Participants who study this nationally accredited qualification will gain knowledge and an understanding of:
- Governance Structures (including Boards and Committees)
- Organisational Planning
- Policy Frameworks
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Compliance Management
- Internal Audit
- Managing the Internal Control Environment
- Performance Management
- Organisational Resilience
The Advanced Diploma of Governance Risk and Compliance is made up of nine Core Units:
- FNSACC604A Monitor Corporate Governance Activities
- BSBMGT616A Develop and Implement Strategic Plans
- BSBMGT605B Provide Leadership Across the Organisation
- PSPMNGT704A Undertake Enterprise Risk Management
- PSPMNGT608B Manage Risk
- BSBCOM602B Develop and Create Compliance Requirements
- BSBCOM603C Plan and Establish Compliance Management Systems
- BSBCON701A Establish and Review the Business Continuity Management Framework and Strategies
- BSBCON601B Develop and Maintain Business Continuity Plans
There are no prerequisites required to attend the Advanced Diploma of Governance, Risk and Compliance. Should a participant be unable to attend a session a video will be available online to assist them with their assessment.