Topics covered in this session will include
- Council’s role in the Water Industry Act framework
- Authorisations and delegations under the Water Industry Act
- State Government approvals required before any Section 48 Notice can be issued
- Legislatively required content of a Section 48 Notice
- When to issue a Section 48 Notice
- When to enter land, take action, and recover costs
- Following up connections and enforcing the customer’s infrastructure obligations
- Fundamentals of good investigation procedure and evidence gathering techniques
- Authority to issue expiation notices and to prosecute
This session is available via webinar
Please contact Emma Urvan at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 8224 2035 if you wish to attend via webinar.
Paul Kelly, Partner, Norman Waterhouse Lawyers
Paul Kelly is a Partner in the firm’s specialist Local Government Governance & Regulatory Services Team. Paul’s experience includes governance, policy advice, administrative law issues and statutory interpretation. Representing client councils in contested matters in the Magistrates Court, the Liquor Licensing Court and Tribunal, the District Court, the Supreme Court and the Environment, Resources and Development Court, is a principal area of Paul’s practice.