Duration: 1 day
Investment: $605 incl GST
Delivery: Face 2 Face
Staff who are new to a team leader role or aspiring leaders
Taking on a team leader role for the first time is an exciting time, but often also a challenging one, especially if you are managing those who were previously your colleagues or you are trying to establish your credibility with an established team, or you are being compared to the previous leader. This one day workshop will give participants the opportunity to discuss the challenges they are facing in their new role (and in doing so realise these challenges are quite common and they are not alone), strengthen the basic leadership behaviours of direction and support and how to vary these depending on the development needs of each team member and the situation and go away with a workable framework to develop a high performing and happy team.
- The qualities and skills of an effective team leader and knowing your own unique combination of leadership strengths and current development needs
- Managing relationships with team members who were once your colleagues, and establishing your credibility
- How to manage being the “meat in the sandwich” between your team members and upper management
- Setting up the conditions for a happy and high performing team: how to establish team norms, team values and team behaviours
- Situational Leadership: the basic leadership behaviours, when and how much direction and support to give each team member
- How to delegate, give constructive feedback and deal with conflict
Helen Alm - B Adult and Voc Ed, Ass .Dip. Bus. (HRD)
Helen Elizabeth Alm, has been a trainer, facilitator, adult educator, presenter and coach, since 1987 and has operated her own business, Helen Elizabeth Seminars since 2003. Helen is a dynamic and inspirational facilitator and her areas of expertise include Authentic Leadership, Personal and Professional Effectiveness, Professional Communication, Time, Self and Energy Management, Resilience and mindfulness in the workplace .
For further information about the content of this program or to enquire about having this program brought ‘In-House’ to your council or to a ‘Council Hub’ near you please contact LGA Training on 8224 2000 or at firstname.lastname@example.org