Duration: 1/2 day
Delivery: face2face; webinar; regional; in-house; do-it-yourself
For: Individuals interested in standing for election on council
Regional and in-house training available during July & August 2018. Please contact Emma Urvan email@example.com 8224 2035 to discuss bringing face2face training to your council or to a regional centre near you.
Description: This session will overview what it means to be a council member. It will include the following topics:
- The role and functions of a council
- Relationship between councils and other spheres of government
- Role of an elected member
- Allowances and expenses
- Legal responsibilities
- How elections are conducted
- Eligibility and the process of nomination
- Campaigning for election
Please follow this link to view the LGA’s Pre-election training program.
|So you want to be on Council?||LG House, 148 Frome St Adelaide 5000||28 Jul 2018|
|So you want to be on Council?||LG House, 148 Frome St Adelaide 5000||31 Jul 2018|