Duration: 3 hours
Delivery Options: Face-to-face at LGA and regional sessions
Dates and Locations:
Please see below for dates, time and locations
Please note: Registrations open 1/2 hr prior to session starting time. Regional programs to be released soon.
For: Individuals interested in standing for election on council
Description: This session is an overview of what it means to be a council member. It will be run in conjunction with ECSA.
The session will include information on the following topics:
- The role and functions of a council
- Relationship between councils and other spheres of government
- Role of an elected member
- Allowances and expenses
- Legal responsibilities
- How elections are conducted
- Eligibility and the process of nomination
- Campaigning for election
Contact your local council for further information and details about individual council specific sessions.