9:30am to 12:30pm
Governance and Rates Officers
Delivery: face2face; webinar; regional
Regional training available during April & May 2018. Please contact Emma Urvan email@example.com 8224 2035 to discuss bringing face2face training to your council or to a regional centre near you.
Description: Under the provisions of the Local Government (Elections) Act 1999 the council supplementary voters roll expires and is purged from 1 January in the year of the periodic elections. Ratepayers who are not on the House of Assembly electoral roll for the council area and wish to vote in council elections are required to lodge a new application for enrolment. Councils must prepare a fresh roll and provide it to the Electoral Commission to merge with the House of Assembly roll.
Participants attending this course will gain an understanding of:
- The voters roll (including the purging and new enrolment requirements)
- Qualifications for enrolment
- Procedures relevant to an election
- Key dates for the 2018 periodic elections
- Voting entitlements
- Availability of the voters roll
- Dealing with voting papers including declaration votes and scrutiny of the votes
- Interaction with the office of the State Electoral Commissioner
Please CLICK HERE to view the LGA’s Pre-election training program.
|Voters Roll Compilation||Mount Gambier||26 Mar 2018|
|Voters Roll Compilation||Clare||11 Apr 2018|
|Voters Roll Compilation||Port Lincoln||18 Apr 2018|
|Voters Roll Compilation||LG House, 148 Frome St Adelaide 5000||11 May 2018|