Duration: 2 Days
Investment: $880 incl GST
New Project Managers, Project Team members, Project Sponsors & Governance staff
This 2-day program is designed to give project managers working in councils a comprehensive overview of project management.
- A comprehensive overview of the art of project management including use of tools and techniques
- An introduction to commonly used best practice methodologies and frameworks including PMBOK®, PRINCE2® and AgilePM®.
- Enough of the basics to run your first small project.
- High level structures – Portfolios, Programs and Projects
- Frameworks and methodologies – PMBOK, PRINCE2, AgilePM, Hybrids (their structures and similarities)
- PM Constraints – Scope, Time, Costs, Benefits, Risks and Quality (STCBRQ)
- Successful projects – what constitutes a successful outcome?
- The project managers role
- Hard/technical skills
- Soft Skills – Servant leadership
- Stakeholders and communications
- Front end loading - setting up for success
- Project mandate
- The business case - elements of successful business cases
- Estimation/budgeting – Waterfall vs Agile, Work Breakdown Structures
- Scheduling & resourcing
- Execution & delivery
- Day to day management activities
- Reporting – what to report, Waterfall vs Agile reporting, “RAG” Status reporting – STCBRQ, Costs vs Actuals vs Forecast, Earned Value
- Close out
- Project review – use of lessons learnt and continual improvement
- Post project
- Ongoing measurement of benefits and reporting
Tom Sulda - Director, Lead Trainer LATSA Learning Services
Tom is a business strategy and process consultant as well as a process trainer in Business Analysis, Project Management (Prince2, Agile, PMBOK, Prince2 Agile, and MSP) including Information Security. Tom is a highly experienced business executive having worked across all business functions from the front to back end including corporate services for Not For Profits, Government and Commercial businesses.
To compliment this training, we recommend you consider attending the Business Case Writing session. For more information and to enrol, please click below:
Business Case Writing
All content is underpinned by participants carrying out group activities, including the use of basic tools and techniques to reinforce learning outcomes. Take away learning materials are provided to all participants.
For further information about the content of this program or to enquire about having this program brought ‘In-House’ to your council or to a ‘Council Hub’ near you please contact LGA Training on 8224 2000 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please understand that by registering you are accepting our policy conditions. For a copy of our policies, please click here.
||Cost (inc GST)
||Enrol on Behalf of Others
||6 & 7 December 2021
||09:30 am - 04:30 pm