Planning, Development and Infrastructure Act 2016 & Regulations – For Policy Planners
Duration: Half Day
Investment: $385 incl GST pp
Delivery: Face 2 Face & Webinar
Strategic and Policy Planners and Managers
Following previous sessions delivered to development services (planning and building) staff, this course will provide strategic and policy planners with an overview of those aspects of the new planning system most relevant to their roles and responsibilities.
- Change of use – new concepts
- Joint planning arrangements, planning agreements and Joint Planning Boards
- Community Engagement Charter
- Statutory instruments – State planning policies, Regional plans, Planning & Design Code & Design standards
- Practice directions & guidelines
- Preparation & amendment of the Code and other designated instruments
- Complying changes to the Code, minor or operational amendments to a designated instrument & interim operation of a regional plan, P & D Code or a design standard
- Development categories & pathways
- Design review
- Essential infrastructure standard designs
- Land management agreements
- Funds & off set schemes
- Transitional Provisions
Gavin Leydon, Principal – Planning, Development and Environment – Norman Waterhouse Lawyers
Gavin leads the firm’s Environment and Planning team and is a specialist in property development, urban and regional planning, environmental and administrative law. Gavin has been extensively involved in planning system reform and the transition to the Planning, Development and Infrastructure Act regime, including the provision of advice to State and local government, the LGA and training to the sector.
Peter Psaltis, Principal - Environment, planning and development - Norman Waterhouse Lawyers
Peter advises and represents government and private clients in his areas of specialty, including town planning and development, land management, environment protection, site contamination, compulsory acquisition, property and infrastructure related matters. Peter has an extensive history in presenting at Local Government conferences and he also lectures and tutors Environmental Law topics in the University of Adelaide / Law Society of South Australia Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice course.
The Norman Waterhouse Local Government team is the largest of its kind in the State and is widely recognised as the leader in the provision of advice and representation to the local government sector in South Australia.
For further information about the content of this program or to enquire about having this program brought ‘In-House’ to your council or to a ‘Council Hub’ near you please contact LGA Training on 8224 2000 or at email@example.com
Please understand that by registering you are accepting our policy conditions. For a copy of our policies, please click here.
||Cost (inc GST)
||Enrol on Behalf of Others
|Planning, Development and Infrastructure Act 2016 & Regulations – For Policy Planners
||30 April 2021
||09:30 am - 12:30 pm