Grants Funding Masterclass
Duration: 2 Days
Investment: $880 incl GST
Delivery: Face 2 Face
All local government staff keen to reach ‘next level’ professionalism in grant writing and funding delivery.
This Masterclass provides a unique opportunity for in-depth professional development in grant writing and understanding funding fundamentals.
- The evolution of grants and grant writing, including national and international trends and perspectives;
- Getting inside the mind of a Grants Professional:
- a day in the life of an Australian, State, Local, Community Sectors and consultant grant writer.
- Taking a strategic approach:
- integrating grant writing into your everyday role;
- taking a long-term approach - beyond the next grant program.
- The Grant Provider: Understanding the grants process and cycle from the perspective of Australian and State Government:
- the purpose of grants;
- the origins of policy;
- where the money comes from;
- how guidelines are written;
- timing around the opening of grant;
- the assessors and the assessment process;
- the funding agreement;
- reporting and final evaluation.
- The applicant: All about:
- project selection;
- story preparation;
- evidence and attachments;
- the application process;
- the submission process;
- waiting for success;
- the funding deed;
- key skills: communication, patience and persistence.
- Reporting and evaluation:
- When it all goes well or when it all goes wrong:
- Audit Office, High Court, politics and other miscellaneous grants influences and how to manage them.
- The future: What to expect:
- pre-populated online forms;
- artificial intelligence.
- Celebrating your success as a past, present and future grant professional.
Colin Steele is the Managing Director of Section51 that has achieved over $600 million funding for local government projects in the last 12 years.
Prior to establishing Section51, Colin worked for thirty plus years across three levels of government; ten years as a local government planner, eleven years in NSW Government (including time in the NSW Premiers Department) and eleven years with the Commonwealth Government as one of the key designers of the predecessor grants to the BBRF, designing, assessing, managing, and evaluating grants programs.
For further information about the content of this program or to enquire about having this program brought ‘In-House’ to your council or to a ‘Council Hub’ near you please contact LGA Training on 8224 2000 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please understand that by registering you are accepting our policy conditions. For a copy of our policies, please click here.
||Cost (inc GST)
||Enrol on Behalf of Others
|Grants Funding Masterclass
||6 & 7 May 2021
||09:30 am - 04:30 pm
||LG House, 148 Frome St Adelaide 5000