Case Law Review
Duration: Half Day
Investment: $385 incl GST pp
Delivery: Face 2 Face & Webinar
All Development Staff, including planning, building, compliance and administration staff
There has been much happening lately in the Environment, Resources and Development Court and it has been a long time since we have shared our summaries of the important decisions that affect councils and the development industry.
The introduction of the Planning and Design Code has not diminished the significance of these cases and in our Case Law Review we will discuss and highlight key recent cases that have shaped the law on a wide range of topics, including:
- Merit Appeals involving significant tree removal, building in excess of height restrictions, frost fans, greyhounds, service trade premises, offices and more.
- Enforcement Action including significant tree prosecutions, unlawful building work, shipping containers, demolition orders and even a costs order sought against a Council as a non-party to proceedings.
- Other matters before the ERD & Supreme Court including extension of time and failure to respond to RFI appeals, characterisation reviews and Supreme Court judicial reviews.
- Being informed of relevant decisions and what bearing the cases may have on Councils and the development industry:
- Building capacity and enhancing knowledge.
Gavin Leydon, Principal – Planning, Development and Environment – Norman Waterhouse Lawyers
Gavin leads the firm’s Environment and Planning team and is a specialist in property development, urban and regional planning, environmental and administrative law. Gavin has been extensively involved in planning system reform and the transition to the Planning, Development and Infrastructure Act regime, including the provision of advice to State and local government, the LGA and training to the sector.
Peter Psaltis, Principal - Environment, planning and development - Norman Waterhouse Lawyers
Peter advises and represents government and private clients in his areas of specialty, including town planning and development, land management, environment protection, site contamination, compulsory acquisition, property and infrastructure related matters. Peter has an extensive history in presenting at Local Government conferences and he also lectures and tutors Environmental Law topics in the University of Adelaide / Law Society of South Australia Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice course.
The Norman Waterhouse Local Government team is the largest of its kind in the State and is widely recognised as the leader in the provision of advice and representation to the local government sector in South Australia.
For further information about the content of this program or to enquire about having this program brought ‘In-House’ to your council or to a ‘Council Hub’ near you please contact LGA Training on 8224 2000 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please understand that by registering you are accepting our policy conditions. For a copy of our policies, please click here.
||Cost (inc GST)
||Enrol on Behalf of Others
|Case Law Review
||20 May 2021
||09:00 am - 01:00 pm