The online module has been designed as a pragmatic approach to an otherwise very legalistic topic.
The content has been developed by a group of legal experts and presents a range of plausible and highly applicable scenarios to enable the learner to gain an in-depth overview of the topic and includes a series of questions and answers to reinforce their language outcomes.
The resource will be available to the learner for a period of three months and a Certificate of Completion can also be issued.
Inducting new staff into the work of Local Government is an important first step in assisting them to quickly acquaint themselves with the sector.
This online training resource was developed to provide new staff with information about the broad range of Local Government functions and will support Council induction programs.
On completion of this training, new staff will have an understanding of:
- The Australian system of government;
- The roles, functions and objectives of Local Government;
- Local Government governance arrangements;
- Financial management in a Local Government context;
- Understand Chief Executive Officers’ roles and responsibilities;
- Understand Council Members’ roles and responsibilities; and
- The Council Member / CEO / Council Staff working relationship.