Duration: 10:00am to 12:00pm (2 hours)
Cost: $120 + GST
For: Accredited FOI Officers, CEOs and other Council Officers involved in this area.
This course will provide participants with an overview of the Freedom of Information Act 1991 (the FOI Act) and its application to Councils.
Participants will gain a practical understanding of the legislative provisions including specific information on:
- extensions of time
- formulating a complying Freedom of Information determination
- consulting with third parties
- considering various key exemptions (eg internal working document, personal affairs, business affairs and confidential information)
- consideration of what constitutes the public interest
- deemed determinations.
Please note: this session is also being offered via webinar. To register for webinar please email Emma Urvan at email@example.com or on 8224 2035
Helen Lines, Senior Legal Officer (FOI), Ombudsman SA
- Appearances in the South Australian Civil and Administrative Tribunal as advocate for tenants.
- Appointed as litigation guardian in the Youth Court of South Australia.
- Liaisons with government agencies and non-government organisations to secure assistance for people with disabilities.
- Preparation of submissions to State and Commonwealth Ministers and departmental directors.
- Legal research and in house legal advice.