Duration: Half day
Investment: $385 incl GST
Delivery: Face 2 Face
All Council Staff.
Since 2013 in the state of South Australia there has been a single Act and Regulations covering all burials and cremations in South Australia. This course is designed to inform all attendees of their rights and importantly their obligations for ensuring compliance with this legislation
- The record keeping obligations under The Act.
- What is an Interment Right?
- What is a Plain English Statement?
- What registers must be kept?
- What must happen before a burial or cremation can take place?
- Ownership of Monuments
- Who takes over an interment right when the current holder dies?
- Can Interment Rights be issued for a period of time or in perpetuity
- What are the obligations regarding refunds for surrendered unexercised interment rights;
- General compliance requirement
- 30 minute discussion – ‘2 years on’ – the common questions and issues that have arisen as a result of the new legislation.
Robert Pitt - Chief Executive Officer of the Adelaide Cemeteries Authority
ACA is a state government authority that manages the West Terrance, Enfield, Cheltenham and Smithfield Cemeteries. Robert has been involved in the industry for over 12 years and is the current president of the Cemeteries and Crematoria Association of South Australia (CCASA)
Matthew Morgan - Manager Client and Information Services of Centennial Park Cemetery Authority
This is a regional subsidiary of the Mitcham and Unley Councils. Matthew has 7 years experience in the cemetery and crematoria industry in South Australia and was heavily involved in the interpretation and implementation of the new legislation at the state’s largest cemetery.
For further information about the content of this program or to enquire about having this program brought ‘In-House’ to your council or to a ‘Council Hub’ near you please contact LGA Training on 8224 2000 or at firstname.lastname@example.org