9:30am to 4:30pm (both days)
Finance and Accounting Officers and other Council Officers with financial and management accounting responsibilities.
This two-day course will provide participants with an awareness and broad understanding of a smorgasbord of topical issues facing Local Government finance staff in South Australia.
The topics to be covered include:
- audit committees
- internal auditing
- efficiency and economy reviews
- linking long-term financial plans to other strategic management plans
- project evaluation techniques
- compliance with legislation (Local Government Act 1999 and Regulations)
- budget reviews
- distinguishing capital expenditure (expansion versus renewal/replacement)
- financial indicators
- uniform presentation of finances.