9:30am to 4:30pm (both days)
Finance and Accounting Officers and other Council Officers with financial and management accounting responsibilities.
This two-day course will provide participants with an awareness and broad understanding of a smorgasbord of topical issues facing Local Government finance staff in South Australia.
The topics to be covered include:
- audit committees
- internal auditing
- efficiency and economy reviews
- linking long-term financial plans to other strategic management plans
- project evaluation techniques
- compliance with legislation (Local Government Act 1999 and Regulations)
- budget reviews
- distinguishing capital expenditure (expansion versus renewal/replacement)
- financial indicators
- uniform presentation of finances.
Corinne Garrett - UHY Haines Norton
Corinne Garrett of UHY Haines Norton has had an extensive career in Local Government and Finance over the past 30 years with experience in all facets of corporate services. In her role with UHY Haines Norton she has assisted councils with Audit Committees, financial reporting, process and compliance improvements, training, prudential reports and rate reviews along with developing costing models for fees and charges for the LGA.