9:30am to 4:30pm
New Employees to Local Government.
Inducting new staff into the work of Local Government is an important first step in assisting them to quickly acquaint themselves with the sector. This course provides information about the broad range of Local Government functions and will support Council induction programs.
Participants attending this course will gain an understanding of:
- legislative framework for Local Government (Local Government Act 1999 and related legislation)
functions of Councils
- Council structures and the relationship between Council Members and Council Officers
- relationship between Local Government and the other spheres of government
- key challenges facing Local Government
- bodies within Local Government (Office of State/Local Government Relations, LGA, professional groups and networks)
- "language" of Local Government.
A range of specialist presenters have been engaged for this session - please see program linked above.