Duration: Half day
Investment: $495 incl GST
Delivery: Face 2 Face & Webinar
Being able to communicate
effectively is one of life’s most important skills. It allows you to connect with people, to deliver information and to form positive relationships. Communicating in a way that builds trust, respect and engagement with your listeners is becoming more essential than ever before as we adjust to the challenges of today’s fast-paced world where everyone is competing to be heard. In a relaxed and safe setting, learn how to refine your public speaking and presentation techniques so that you become a strong and vibrant communicator, capable of delivering key messages in any forum.
- Preparation: how to start, when to stop;
- Structure and signposting to help frame a speech/presentation that will resonate;
- The KISS principle: key messages and talking points that will keep you on track;
- The importance of words and phrasing that are clear and easy to understand;
- Speech rhythm, tone and inflection to ensure your audience stays engaged;
- Analogies and anecdotes to explain complex ideas and statistics;
- Presentation and demeanour support to build on image and brand;
- Body language – the tricks and pitfalls; and Insider tricks of the trade.
Georgina McGuinness, Director – McGuinness Media
Georgina is an experienced media relations, government relations and stakeholder engagement executive, who has forged a career of more than 30 years in communications. For 25 years, Georgina presented Adelaide’s premier weekend news bulletin on Channel 9. Away from the news desk, she was also a senior journalist, sub-editor, producer, chief of staff and documentary presenter. Georgina has received awards for TV journalism and participated in a news presenter exchange with Adelaide’s sister city, Austin, Texas. More recently, Georgina has been a speech-writer to two State Opposition Leaders and Senior Communications Adviser, to then Leader of the Opposition (and current SA Premier) the Hon Steven Marshall MP.
This unique background across media and government has allowed her to establish a wealth of experience and expertise in communication, stakeholder engagement, key message development, publicity, branding and presentation.
In April 2014, she established McGuinness Media and in the five years since, she has experienced strong and growing demand for her services.
For further information about the content of this program or to enquire about having this program brought ‘In-House’ to your council or to a ‘Council Hub’ near you please contact LGA Training on 8224 2000 or at firstname.lastname@example.org