Duration: 9:30am to 4:30pm
Delivery Options: LGA and Regional – please email Emma Urvan to discuss details
For: Elected Members and Council Officers
Planning practices are a function of Local Government. Ordinary Council meetings are often dominated by planning items where Council Members are expected to manage complex issues that may generate a great deal controversy within the local community.
Elected Members and Officers are required to have a thorough understanding of the purpose of planning is how the process of planning is managed so they meet the expectations of the community.
This outcomes of this program will include:
- An introduction to land use planning and its purpose
- The role of Elected Members and Officers in land use planning
- The types of legislation and their impact
- An understanding of the planning and development process
- An understanding of regional planning instruments and issues
- Local planning instruments and community consultation processes
|Essential Planning Practices||LG House, 148 Frome St Adelaide 5000||7 Jun 2019|