Duration: 9:30am to 12:30pm
Delivery Options: LGA, Webinar and Regional – please email Emma Urvan to discuss details
If you are a new Council Member and are keen to understand Council and Committee Meeting Procedures and Chairing Skills - or if you are a returned Member who would like to update their strategies and knowledge - this course is for you.
This course will provide you with an understanding of:
- Chamber etiquette 101
- Strategies to chair Local Government meetings more effectively and productively in accordance with the appropriate Acts
- The application of the provisions of the Act and the Regulations in relation to procedures at Council and Council Committee meetings
- Meeting processes and chairing skills in Local Government meetings
- Roles and responsibilities of those attending Local Government meetings
- Knowledge and skills required to contribute effectively to the decision making processes
- Strategies to undertake the role of presiding member more effectively and productively
- The legislative requirements in relation to the process and procedures involved in Local Government meetings and participation in meetings.
Please note: to attend the full day program which is designed to assist Elected Members on enhancing and refining their decision making skills.please click the following link 'Effective Council Decision Making for Elected Members' - full day rate applies with discounts for the full program.