9:30am to 4:30pm
Following discussions with Master Builders-SA and KESAB, a course in fundamental Erosion & Sediment Control (ESC) has been specifically designed for Council officers.
- Familiarisation with relevant SA and Australia-wide references and soil maps.
- Developers’ / Builders’ culture.
- Current economic situation.
- EPA legislation.
- Types of soil erosion.
- Impacts of inadequate ESC on the environment and on the community.
- ‘Know your soils’ – including practical Emerson Tests on a range of soil types.
- ESC risk assessment – Development sites / Building sites.
- General site management including staging, use of temporary down pipes, rubbish etc.
- Drainage control.
- Erosion control.
- Sediment control.
- Rehabilitation / revegetation
- Relevance to specific councils – Workshopping in groups.
- ‘Improve your ESC auditing skills’ - Practical test using photographs in groups.
- International Erosion Control Association.
- Inspection of a development / building site.
Over the past six months Rob Savory and Col Schiller have delivered one-day customised ESC training courses to Council staff in Adelaide and Launceston.
Rob is a Certified Professional in Erosion and Sediment Control and an Environmental Compliance Lead Auditor with 20 years’ experience on mine sites and oilfields in Australia and NZ.
Col has over 30 years’ experience in erosion and sediment control, land management, land rehabilitation and ESC training in Australia, NZ and on the Indian sub-continent.